Terms of Business
Money Minder Financial Services (UK) Limited
The Old Ale House
41 Boston Road
Lincolnshire, NG34 7ER
Tel. 01529 300300 Fax. 01529 300400
Money Minder Financial Services (UK) Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority,
FSA Register No:425451
- The firm's Terms of Business (TOB) is in two parts. This notice contains items that are common to most of our clients. Should we arrange investments on your behalf, the second element is the 'Suitability Report' that you will receive at a later stage. This will include information that is relevant to your particular circumstances, such as investment objectives and risk factors and whether or not you have placed any restrictions on the type of investment in which you wish to invest. The terms shown in this document are effective from the date shown at the foot of the document. We will not automatically provide you with revised terms and conditions, but if they should change the new version will be provided when next we provide you with advice.
- Your Adviser is independent of any provider and will act on your behalf in advising you on life assurance, pensions, unit trusts and other investments. Because your Adviser is independent he or she can advise you on the products of different companies. Where a life policy is provided, the products are offered on the basis of a fair analysis of the market.
- Certain products and services are not regulated by the FSA, e.g. home reversion schemes.
- You will be advised in writing, either by us, or your product provider, of your rights to withdraw, or cancellation rights, in respect of transactions in certain investments. Where such rights do not apply you will also be advised in writing.
- We derive our income from either commissions paid to us by life assurance companies, unit trust managers and other providers. We are also able to charge fees for the work we undertake on your behalf and will do so if you instruct us to give advice or complete work for you which does not generate commission, or if we agree to do so in lieu of commission. Charges will be at an hourly rate (currently £125 - £175 per hour dependent on adviser) payable immediately upon issue of an invoice by the firm. If we propose to charge a fee, we will notify you before we carry out any chargeable work, explaining how it will be calculated. Where we have agreed with you to charge a fee, commissions will be applied for your benefit. In such case you should speak to your inspector of taxes to determine whether or not the application of commission for your benefit generates a personal tax liability.
- We do not handle clients' money. We never handle cash or accept a cheque made out to us unless it is in settlement of our charges or disbursements for which we have sent you a fee note.
- We will make arrangements for your investments, or other contracts, to be registered in your name unless you first advise us otherwise in writing. We will forward all contract documents to you as soon as practical after we have received them. Where a number of documents relating to a series of transactions are involved, we will normally hold each document until the series is complete and then forward them all to you at the same time.
- Occasions can arise where we, or one of our other customers, will have some form of interest in business that we are transacting for you. If this happens, or we become aware that our interests or those of one of our other customers conflict with your interests, we will inform you in writing and obtain your consent before we carry out your instructions.
- Customer classification
We are required to categorise all of our clients so that they receive the appropriate regulatory protection. Unless we discuss any other categorisation with you, your classification will be as a retail customer. This entitles you to the general regulatory protection afforded by the FSA.
- We shall be entitled to make an unsolicited telephone call to you regarding products or services that may be of interest. We will not, however, contact you at times when you have advised us not to make such contact.
- Should you have any complaint about the firm please write to the Compliance Officer at the address above. He will provide you with written information as to how we administer complaints. Complaints we cannot settle may subsequently be referred to the Financial Ombudsman Service.
We are covered by the FSCS. You may be entitled to compensation from the scheme if we cannot meet our obligations. This depends on the type of business and the circumstances of the claim.
Most types of investment business are covered for up to a maximum limit of £50,000.
Insurance advising and arranging is covered for 90% of the claim, without any upper limit.or
For compulsory classes of insurance, insurance advising and arranging is covered for 100% of the claim, without any upper limit.
Further information about compensation arrangements is available from the Financial Services Compensation Scheme Website.
- Following the issue of the 'Suitability Report' and commencement of the protection or investments, or earlier if no protection or investment business is completed, we will not automatically provide further advice.
- If, under the Money Laundering Regulations, it is necessary to verify your identity, address and source of funds, such verification will be completed before any business is finalised.
- These terms and conditions may be terminated, without prejudice to the completion of transactions already initiated, by written notice from you or from the firm. Such notice will take effect one month from the date of such notice unless otherwise agreed. We shall be entitled to remuneration for work undertaken prior to such termination and any fees that may be outstanding.
- In order to advise you properly, we must obtain certain information from you about your financial and personal circumstances to assess your suitability for particular products and services. We will also need to maintain certain other records.
- You agree that the information we hold about you can be held on computer and/or paper files.
- You agree that any information we hold about you may be disclosed:
- To third parties (e.g. credit agencies and product providers) for the purpose of processing your application.
- The Regulators (mainly the Financial Services Authority who have a legal authority to check all our records)
- Our Compliance consultants, who help us to ensure that, in your interests, we abide by the Financial Services Act and other regulations & guidelines.
- Other professional advisers such as accountants, solicitors etc. for specialist advice when we consider that it would be of an advantage to your personal circumstances to do so, but
- Must not be disclosed to any other parties (even if related) without your express permission in writing.
- You agree that we may use the information that we hold about you to contact you from time to time by post, fax, e-mail or telephone to bring to your attention products, services or information about your existing contracts that may be of benefit to you. You understand that you may withdraw your consent given by you to the above paragraphs 16b(iv & v) and this paragraph at any time by informing us in writing.
- You understand that we have a legal obligation to ensure that the information within our records is kept up to date, but can only do so if provided with the up to date information by you.